A New Flagship from a Long Time Crowd Favorite at HEADFI
Your first is always special, and in terms of tours, Noble Audio was my first. It was a regional Seattle tour where we delivered the tour kit by hand, but it was still a tour.
Since then, Noble Audio has grown considerably with Wizard Designs and an entirely new lineup making the old but still widely discussed and ever-popular K10 feel dated. Noble’s latest flagship, the Sultan, is now making quite a stir on HEADFI in discussing the flagship round table…the best of the best. My curiosity has finally gotten the best of me so I reached out to see if we can get a chance to hear it for ourselves, and after a bit of a wait given its sold-out status, we finally got a tour kit – actually two. Now our tour members can hear for ourselves why it has such a rapidly growing reputation. All I can say is that after a couple of days with the kits in hand and some listening, the Sultan deserves the phrase it is receiving.
Two Noble Audio Sultan Tour Kits
We have arranged for two Sultan tour kits to keep our tour moving.
Our tour kits feature the full retail box set as seen in the tour kickoff video below. Here is a little information about the Sultan from the Noble website:
Noble Audio Sultan Tour Kickoff Video
Tour Kit Pictures
Barra’s Quick Initial Impressions
The best part of managing tours is getting to hear all the great gear for myself. Here are some brief impressions from what I have heard so far between the tasks required to set up this tour:
- Sultan: The best way to describe the Sultan is the STAX 009 of inears…yes, it is that good that it reaches the same exotic level of performance. Like the 009, you buy it for the incredible resolution and the unique electrostatic airy, ethereal ambiance that is unlike anything else out there. Like the 009, the bass performance is tight, elegant, and dignified in an audiophile way supporting the rest of the spectrum without getting in the way. The bass is powerful, deep, resolute, and complete, but the butterfly wings details and the mids come first. The bass offers extravagant texturing as a finish…like a fine wine. However, this is powered by a DAP in its natural environment – moving to my 7.5 watt Burson C3R desktop and that 10mm bass driver takes on a lot more thump and drive – yet still never at the expense of the rest of the frequency. The layering is holographic and top-notch offering a new way to hear your library. Sorry, I have nothing bad to say about the Sultan – it is as good as they say. Join the tour and hear it for yourself.
Overall, I have to say that this is absolutely a flagship to be reckoned with and unique in signature to stand on its own. Noble has created another winner that will live on the top tier for years to come.
Rules and Responsibilities
Most of our tours are offering 7-day auditions which you are required to ship out to the next participant on day 8. Yes, you pay the shipping to the next participant, but we organize into logistically friendly orders to minimize the shipping expense.
The tour membership rules and responsibilities are described here. The key idea is that we must be communicative to participate and to keep the tour moving and interesting. It is our responsibility to follow these rules and to ensure the ability to ship out on day 8 when our turn is over.
Signing up for the Tour
To sign up for the tour, you must be a verified tour member and have joined our new AUDIOTIERs platform. The membership qualifications and requirements are described here if you are not already a member. Whether a HEADFI tour member that needs to transfer their membership to the new platform or you are a new member looking to apply for tour membership, please follow the instructions in the GETTING STARTED box below. We are now accepting applications from both US and Canadian citizens.
Tour Signups for Verified Members: If you would like to be part of this tour, please feel free to post your request in the comments below.
Reviewers First Tour: This is a REVIEWERS GO FIRST TOUR, so if you would like to skip to the front of the line, please note that you would like to be a full reviewer in the request as in the sample below:
Sample Signup Request: I live in Anthem, AZ and would like to participate in the tour. I agree to follow the terms of the tour. I have emailed my required ID verification documentation to billb@AudioTiers.com. AS A FULL REVIEWER, PLEASE MOVE ME TO THE FRONT OF THE LINE.
Tour Participant Logistics
We have two tour kits to minimize wait and are offering 7-days auditions to each participant. This logistics list is updated as I can to show you were we are in the order with each participant bolded to signify that they received the kit. This is where you will find the next two participants to contact when you receive the kit.
Signup Period: During our signup period, we collect the initial participants and provide them with a logistically friendly portion of the tour. This is the lowest cost portion in terms of shipping. Once this closes, we move to the latecomer portion.
Latecomer Period: Latecomers are welcome to the tour on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will continue taking latecomer requests until we run out of participants or the manufacturer asks us to end the tour.
Noble Audio Sultan US Tour Logistics
Tour Kit 1
- @Barra – Anthem, AZ
- REVIEWER: Drunkenmunkey – Highlands Ranch, CO
- REVIEWER: antdroid – Lynnwood, WA
- wardo783 – Porter Ranch, CA
- Blueshound24 – Sioux Falls, SD
- fiascogarcia – Fort Collins, CO
- hamhamhamsta – Santa Ana, CA
- csglinux – Los Angeles, CA
- EricR – Eagle, ID
- @Barra – Anthem, AZ
Tour Kit 2
- @Barra – Anthem, AZ
- REVIEWER: dbstechtalk – Logansport, IN
- REVIEWER: ngoshawk – Warrensburg, MO
- REVIEWER: AUDIOKEYREVIEWS – Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- Slim1970 – Florissant, MO
- Darkestred – Denville, NJ
- rantng – Brooklyn, NY
- gnahra – Fort Myers, FL
- forkofnature – Annapolis, MD
- Towa – Nashville, TN
- Gc335 – Cumberland, RI
- @Barra – Anthem, AZ
Potential Canadian Tour
We are checking participation levels for Canadian tour members. If we get 8 requests, we will move to extend our tour to Canada. If we get 16 requests, we will ask for an additional tour kit to start an additional tour right away. Again, Fir Audio will have to agree, but this should not be an issue if we get the numbers.